View on Craigslist
We are seeking a talented and dedicated PHP / MySQL Developer to work on various startup projects. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience building robust PHP and MySQL applications. We are not looking for beginners, please do not contact us unless you are very knowledgeable specifically in PHP and MySQL. Also, we prefer to have US based developers, due to work hours, timezone, and communication preferences.
- 3 – 5+ years professional experience in object-oriented PHP5 and MySQL application development.
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented, motivated and ability to thrive as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Enjoy finding elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Comfortable working as an integral member in our team environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, and take ownership of tasks, processes, and products.
- Please be ready to provide a resume / portfolio of previous work and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of application engineering processes.
- Expertise building applications using OO PHP5, and MySQL.
- Experienced crafting complex, optimized SQL queries.
- Other pluses: Familiar with templating, caching, sessions, and authentication.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Aware of web standards, their purpose, benefits and appropriateness.
- Experience with adaptive learning systems, user personalization, or data mining is a plus.
Work environment is VERY easygoing. You can work from home, and do all communication via Skype, Email, and IM. All of our developers work online with each other and mostly communicate by skype.
Example of work:
You will be assigned a specific task to complete, we will offer payment for that work. Each task will be laid out in detail. We have a lot of ongoing projects, some of which have openings for more dedicated ongoing and full time work, if interested.
Payment / Work Schedule
Work from home. This is not a full-time, salary or hourly work schedule. Work is paid on a per task basis. For example: We will assign a checklist of work to complete for various projects, and will pay according to the complexity of work, and overall task. (Interns are welcome)
If you are interested in a position, please get in touch via the <a href=”/contact”>contact page!</a>. Please provide resume or portfolio.